With the ‘MyMedia’ feature on the Genie mobile app, you can easily play media from the devices that are connected to the home network. If there is any music or video stored on the desktop, then it can be played on any other smart device through the ‘Mymedia’ feature.
The mobile device must be connected to Netgear Wi-Fi connection and each device with genie mobile app must have Universal plug and play.
The Netgear Genie app must be installed on the Android or iOS mobile device.
You will find four different views on your ‘Mymedia’ i.e. Source, player, playing and option
Source: List of devices available on the network for file sharing.
Player: All the players that can play media files over the network
Playing: View and control the currently playing media file.
Option: Check option screen.
Play media from phone
- Go to the ‘My Media’ icon.
- Select the ‘Source’ button to check the UPnP devices.
- Select the source device from the list of home networks.
- The media file will play on the selected player.
How to control and play media files on the mobile device?
While playing the media, if you find any problem, then go to the Netgear Extender login page or open the Genie app to select the device you are using for playing media.
- If you are using an Android device, then go to the ‘Back’ button to stop playing media.
- Click ‘Refresh’ to update the list of media.
To play and control media files on iPhone and iPad
- Go to the right-hand corner of the page and click on ‘Playmode’ or ‘Controlmode’.
- In-play mode, you will find currently playing media. If you are playing through another device, then you won’t be able to see the device in the list and play mode remains unavailable.
- Control mode displays the media file name, playing progress and volume controls.
If you want, you can change the settings of your MyMedia feature either from the Netgear genie or from the Mywifiext page. If Mywifiext not working, then you can contact the technical experts and get the problem resolved in seconds.